hey julie...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

still knitting....occasionally

Obviously spinning has been the main thing over here for the last few weeks. Understandable, considering that #1: spinning is magical; and #2 these are the things I have on the needles:

1. Pumpkin hat. The requisite on-the-go project, but I haven't really been going anywhere. Enough to do right here at home. Pumpkin hats are kind of boring.

2. Soaker pants that have been a half inch from completion for at least six weeks. That last half inch is stranded colorwork. I'm really trying to like it. But I hate it.

3. Swingy tank top for DD. About an hour or two from completion. Meh.

4. Right front of the fab lace-inset cardigan. Requires a bit of concentration, what with all the reverse-shaping, row-counting, don't-forget-the-buttonholes hoo hah.

So, every night when the kids go to bed, I glance at these projects. (And then I pick up my spindle. Magical, I tell you.)

2 Comments:

Blogger essjay said...

I'm glad you are enjoying spinning so much!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Julie R. said...

:grabs sides of head: STOP the spinning talk!!!!!! I can NOT take up another hobby!!!!!

:fingers in ears: la la lal lalalalal

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

merino, spun & plied
another *sigh*
I'm embarrased to share...
oh dear.
I'm SO in
FO 94 & 95
IMHO
UFO trifecta
I'm off...
on the needles this week...