hey julie...

Friday, August 11, 2006

merino, spun & plied



Yeah, my right arm is twinging and tingling in places I never knew it could. But I'm done! Funny, the tag said 4oz, but my finished skein weighs 3.25oz. Anyhoo, it's 150 yards after plying, and it's very soft! A step in the right direction -- each new wool I spin feels a bit less like rope, and a bit more like yarn.



While I was plying it, I was pretty disappointed with the way it looked, but after winding it I changed my mind. It's a bit fuzzy-looking, but I like it! (I still have to set the twist, but my sink is full of Little People at the moment. Perhaps at naptime.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

It's so pretty - reminds me of the cotton candy I had at Lakeside Amusement Park Wednesday night. Why is your sink full of Little People???

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you're a mom when someone says their sink is full of little people, and you don't find that strange! ;-)

The yarn is gorgeous -- I like the fuzziness!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

Your spinning is getting better and better!!! WTG...I love this yarn!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger essjay said...

Looks great!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Julie R. said...

My sink is *frequently* full of little people ... or pumps and tubing ... or stuffed animals. Thank you, God, for warm weather -- most of these activities have been moved to an outdoor venue for the summer.

Julie -- the yarn looks fabulous!! And GOSH DARN IT (in my best Alton Brown voice) ... between you and Vicki, I'm going to find myself with a spindle and roving before it's all said and done.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

another *sigh*
I'm embarrased to share...
oh dear.
I'm SO in
FO 94 & 95
IMHO
UFO trifecta
I'm off...
on the needles this week...
it's craptastic