hey julie...

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

on the needles this week...



Clockwise, from top left:

Well, on the spindle. Yarn. Another 15 yards or so...not quite so awful as the first spindle full, but still not knittable.

Hats. The Harlot announced last week that a few WIC programs were seeking donated hats for some kind of breastfeeding awareness thingy. Glad to oblige...I've sent off seven of them. The last one I made, I modified the sweaterbabe beanie to include five cables instead of four -- I think it turned out great!

Li'l Lucy-ish bag. Another random skein gone from my stash! Jodi, do you like it?? ;)

Swatching for the sweaterbabe fabulous lace-inset cardigan. The yarn (Bartlett) didn't soften up as much as I'd hoped when I washed the swatch, but it's a cardigan, so it's livable.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sner said...

Don't worry about the spinning - it comes quicker than you think it will. I've only been spinning for a couple of months or so and I just finished my first FO with my own handspun. It is super satisfying to take something from fluff to fabulous! Good Luck!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

I admire you girls who spin! Now, for me...yarn comes from the yarn shop!
Love, love your hat...beautiful! As well as lucy...I must knit a lucy bag!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

cutie-cute bag!!! *Ü*

12:59 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

I love that cap!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

it's craptastic
close, but no cigar
I *am* still working on Trellis.
Basic Earflap Hat
hey, that's my brother!
wooooooo
oh LisaP....
we have a winner!
uh oh
Trellis, take two