hey julie...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

oh dear.

So, we were at the fair on Thursday night. We turned a corner, and there was a tent with a few spinning wheels, some looms, some yarn and rovings. Naturally, I was drawn to it.

In order to avoid missing my daughter's first pony ride, I quickly had to abandon the fiber tent. But this morning, I braved the zillion degree heat and went back. There was a lovely woman from this farm spinning on this wheel and she explained it all to me, as I'm green enough that I've never witnessed actual wheel spinning firsthand.

This is trouble, I can feel it.

Of course I bought some fiber:



A lovely Cheviot/Mohair blend in a colorway called, "Like a River Glorious." The photo doesn't do it justice...it's absolutely gorgeous. I scanned it too:



But really, you must see it. Lovely. Sigh. And there's just something about buying fiber from someone who can tell you about the sheep it came from. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger vickthompson said...

Ahh....This is how it starts! Great find.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

Oh, yeah, that fiber is luscious!
I'm afraid I've not seen actual spinning on a wheel, either...unless I can count Rumplestilsken

5:13 PM  
Blogger essjay said...

Ohhhh I *love* that color! It is great to buy fiber from someone who knows the sheep!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

I'm SO in
FO 94 & 95
IMHO
UFO trifecta
I'm off...
on the needles this week...
it's craptastic
close, but no cigar
I *am* still working on Trellis.
Basic Earflap Hat