hey julie...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm embarrased to share...

...that my first waking thought today was of spinning. I even briefly considered bringing my spinnig to the mall (instead of my knitting) but decided that it would be a bit much.



Needless to say, I'm really, really enjoying working with this fiber, even though I'm still having to park and draft. And I'm pleased to report that when I'm done with this roving, I'll actually be able to make something. So far I've been consistent -- about thirty yards to the ounce. I wish the photo showed all of the colors -- it's actually more of a teal-ish hue, with blues and purples too. Lovely stuff.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what it becomes!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It's beautiful sis. Good work!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

What great colors!!!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Julie R. said...

Wow, Julie! I haven't been to your blog for a while. You have become QUITE the knitter extraordinaire!

Can you explain to me why that white yarn you showed a few weeks ago is not knittable??? It looks lovely, and I realize it's uneven, but I thought slubby yarn was in. :scratching head:

Anyway, the new blue stuff is GORGEOUS!!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a great farm for wool. The website is homesteadwoolandgiftfarm.com. They charge very little and have great service. How long have you been spinning? (I'm still not good at it)

11:19 AM  
Blogger vickthompson said...

That is beautiful! What's it gonna be?

6:03 PM  
Blogger essjay said...

You are addicted aren't you! Lovely color!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

oh dear.
I'm SO in
FO 94 & 95
IMHO
UFO trifecta
I'm off...
on the needles this week...
it's craptastic
close, but no cigar
I *am* still working on Trellis.