hey julie...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

we have a winner!

Lisa P. correctly spotted the heinous error...she did have two advantages -- having knit Trellis herself (a silver medal KO project, very nice), and having me ten feet from her desk telling her if she was right or wrong. ;) Soooo...her prize will only be sort of special. Hee.

So, the error was that, in my zeal to follow the pink letters in the pattern (ensuring you are working edge stitches in reverse stockinette!) I inadvertently switched the left and right fronts. Silly wabbit, when you're working it as one piece, there are no reverse stockinette edge stitches. Only button bands. Worked in seed stitch. Which, in my work, were next to the side "seams" instead. Oops.

I'm telling you, knitting Darwin Award, right here.

I charted it out and tried to figure out if I could salvage it by adding button bands after the fact and dinking with the neck shaping, but you know, it was a little hairy and it would have bugged me forever. So....



Ouch, that hurt.

Deja vu...

3 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

Okay, I knew I was wrong..I didn't even come close to seeing your error!
Gotta hate the pond, but, if you don't like...u frog, right?!
Can't hardly wait to see the FO.

10:49 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

Not fun - hopefully this next round will go better! Good luck!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the frogging! I love the yarn/color you chose -- it really shows off the pattern. It's going to be gorgeous!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

uh oh
Trellis, take two
I am SO....
shameless plug
What a week
FO #92
death of a hard drive
Cursed
yarn rescue
FO #91