hey julie...

Monday, June 19, 2006

uh oh

Around dinnertime yesterday, less than 48 hours from when I started it, I bound off for the sleeves of my Trellis. That's two and a half pattern repeats -- 51 rows -- 6,681 stitches -- so far. I was sooo proud of myself. Ha.

Then I noticed the mistake. It's a really, really big one.

I'm not going to go into the details here, because I feel like an idiot. It was one of those things where the whole time I was knitting, I thought, "hmmm, that's a little odd." But it wasn't until I stopped and took a good look at it that I realized what I had done. We're talking, if there were Darwin Awards for knitters, I'd be in the running.

To the untrained eye, not a huge deal. To me...well, I think I might be able to alter the pattern a bit to accommodate my glaring error. But I'm not sure that it wouldn't drive me completely crazy. I *so* should have waited for Jenny's spreadsheet.

Sooo...frog 5,563 stitches? Or keep going? Ack.

On second thought, I'll post a picture and the first person to identify the horrifying error will win a special prize!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

I'm not sure, but are those seed stitch panels not correct? It doesn't look like they're in the original. Is that cheating, looking at the pattern? ;)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

No, you're allowed to look at the pattern...you're very warm.....

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is one panel of the seed stitches too wide? And no looking at the pattern Meredith!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

i'm going to say the seed stitched panels are backwards - though it looks fabulous anyway. . .

7:43 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Though. . . next to the middle cable - to the left - there's what looks like about an inch of flat stitches that appears to not be on the other side of that cable - could just be the way it's laying though.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Getting warmer...I made a very specific mistake, and yes, looking at the pattern will definitely help you figure it out. ;)

8:06 PM  
Blogger essjay said...

Despite the mistake (what ever it is) the pattern is beautiful - the color change really made a huge difference.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

Color me blind, I don't see a specific faux pas...I see a 'bump' of some sort between a column and seed st panel...and I think it's a camera error.
Whatever the error...it looks great to me...Please, what is it?!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

Trellis, take two
I am SO....
shameless plug
What a week
FO #92
death of a hard drive
Cursed
yarn rescue
FO #91
Dr. Frankenstein's Lucy-esque bag