hey julie...

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Cursed

Anyone else ever have a cursed skein of yarn?? Actually it's about a skein and a third. KnitPicks Decadence (color: grape), which I adore and have knit several items with...but this particular skein and a third appears to be cursed. I've had to frog it like four times. It's almost been several scarves, something else I can't quite remember, and most recently, an Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet.

I reeeally thought the capelet was the "one"...the gauge was different but I adjusted it and all seemed to be going well...until I ran out with about six rows left to complete.

*sigh*

I really don't want to frog it, but I don't want to order more yarn, 'cause that really defeats the stash-busting nature of the project, don't you think??

Would anyone like an almost-finished Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet??

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Are you somehow stalking my "to knit" bookmarks folder? First Mr. Dangly and now this....

1:02 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

Oh my..I'm so sorry about your yarn woes. Here's the deal, yarn knows that you truly don't want to stash bust, but that secretly (what am I talking about with the "secretly"..it's well known about all of us!) you really need, want, have to get more yarn. You see, when we 1st pick up our sticks, yarn has won this battle.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

yarn rescue
FO #91
Dr. Frankenstein's Lucy-esque bag
so about that Malabrigo...
odds & ends
FO #90
FO #89
FO #88
So there's this eBay thing...
New Media Mavericks