hey julie...

Friday, June 02, 2006

FO #91

Jodi asked if my fingerless gloves count as FO #91...um, technically yes, but they were so quick and I'm really too lazy to do a separate post for them. (Some li'l FOs just don't make it into the count.)

So here's my designated FO #91:



The boring stuff:
Infant set, socks based on Cat Bordhi's Baby Life Ring Socks; matching hat -- no pattern.
Knit in Baby Cashmerino on US3 needles.
Pattern notes: I knit the socks top-down instead of toe-up because I started them in the car and was struggling with the toe-up cast-on. I tried to do a Sherman heel, which I got on the 5th try, but then (as happens with almost all short row heels) I didn't like the way it looked so I ripped it out and did a flap/gusset heel. I used the same technique for the hat as I did for the leg of the socks, then had to add in some color because I ran out of the yellow yarn.

3 Comments:

Blogger essjay said...

I love this set Julie! I've always loved the rolls on hats and they are so unusual, but great, on the socks!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute!!

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are tooo cute!! Project 91..just WOW!!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

Dr. Frankenstein's Lucy-esque bag
so about that Malabrigo...
odds & ends
FO #90
FO #89
FO #88
So there's this eBay thing...
New Media Mavericks
recycling:
Boot-Up Blend