hey julie...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What a week

To clarify, it was not my hard drive that died. I'm part of a tech support team and we've had two user hard drives flat out die with no warning in the past week, something I can only remember happening one other time in the past 10 years. I think that tonight, I shall listen to God's gentle prompting and back up everything on my hard drive.

And yes, I did knit while I was working last night -- but I promise, I did adjust my hours. I brought my knitting knowing that my project would have a lot of downtime...but seriously, I would have been sitting in front of the computer knitting if I was at home...I couldn't in good conscience bill for all the time I was there. ;)

So, busy work week. Hard drives, firewalls, blah, blah, blah. You know what that means...extra money! How could I resist spending a portion of my kidless afternoon at the LYS that's having a 40% CLOUSEOUT SALE on all Karabella, Elsebeth Lavold, and Catalina yarns???



(The Bartlett Farms bulky wool in Garnet Heather in the back (6 skeins!) is actually an online purchase. But I hadn't posted any pics so I threw it in this one.)

I resisted the Karabella Breeze...sigh....but I did pick up 3 skeins of Catalina Baby Pima and 5 balls of Cotton Patine...as well as a few stragglers from the sale room. Some Fixation ($1.75) and Baby Cashmerino ($2.80)...how could I pass those up? ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger essjay said...

Yummy! What a great purchase!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Tania A said...

That yarn is just beautiful. I'm so jealous.

9:50 AM  
Blogger earthchick said...

*drool*

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, your week sounds like a really busy one - I hope by now everything has calmed down and you've got a little more time for yourself?
I absolutely love your new yarn, I can't for the life of me decide which one I like best, they all rock! Happy Knitting!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

Nice haul....YUMMILICIOUS!!! I'm waiting on the mailman now...looking for some yarn!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FO #92
death of a hard drive
Cursed
yarn rescue
FO #91
Dr. Frankenstein's Lucy-esque bag
so about that Malabrigo...
odds & ends
FO #90
FO #89