hey julie...

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Trellis, take two

Ahhhh, much better:



I frogged the green. And wound my three skeins of natural 100purewool with my brand-spankin'-new swift. A much better choice!! I love love love knitting with this yarn. No more swearing. It was totally the yarn, not the pattern.

Ahhhh.

I had intended to dye this yarn, but it's just perfect for this sweater. It's every bit as scrumptious as Malabrigo, but a little bit lighter weight. If I could afford to buy enough to justify the shipping cost, I'd defenitely have a storage problem. I'm crossing my fingers for another co-op....

3 Comments:

Blogger Knittinreed said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Green Gable is cute, no? Go for it, Julie!
Your sweater looks beautiful in that yarn just as it is. As a fairly new knitter myself, I love the challenges of trying new techniques as well as the finished products.

9:22 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

I love the sweater pattern in that yarn - it is lovely!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Nice - I like that cable pattern a lot! It was nice meeting you at the Sweater Wizard demo - I was the one you wrote down the knittinghelp.com info for on the short rows - thanks! I've been knitting for the exact same length of time (January 2005). Isn't it great how much we've picked up in such a short time??!! I love it!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

I am SO....
shameless plug
What a week
FO #92
death of a hard drive
Cursed
yarn rescue
FO #91
Dr. Frankenstein's Lucy-esque bag
so about that Malabrigo...