hey julie...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

yarn rescue

Remember that completely fug sweater that I recycled?

On Saturday I washed and dyed the wool. It was a bit disappointing, as it looked gobsmackingly beautiful in the sink during the final rinse. Really, it took my breath away, in all its deep purple-violety goodness.



Unfortunately when it dried it was 10 shades lighter than it appeared when it was underwater. I briefly considered dyeing it again, but yeesh, this process has gone on long enough. And, knitted up, it's still quite nice....just not as nice as I initially thought it was.



Also? I don't like big yarn or big needles any more. I'm knitting this on US13s and it's totally killing my hands.

5 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Ooh, I think it looks pretty! I'm impressed with all the dyeing you do.

9:18 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

The colors are divine after dying, but they do look lovely underwater like that.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I still like the color a lot, what a lovely shade of purple! Great dyeing job indeed!

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! I love all the violety/purply shades -- gorgeous!

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like it! I will agree that it looked yummier under water...but, oh, so lovely now, too! I must agree with you, I no longer like big yarn and needles, too!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FO #91
Dr. Frankenstein's Lucy-esque bag
so about that Malabrigo...
odds & ends
FO #90
FO #89
FO #88
So there's this eBay thing...
New Media Mavericks
recycling: