hey julie...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

death of a hard drive

So, my evening was spent staring blearily at a computer that wasnt moving anywhere near as fast as I wanted it to. I knew that's what I was in store for, so I brought some yarn. (I pulled it out and cast on 80 stitches around the time I realized that my 46 critical updates were going to take almost an hour to download. Gah. And that was just the beginning.)

I finished a sock this morning, and nothing else that I'm knitting is thrilling me very much, so I decided to whip up SweaterBabe's cabled baby beanie. Ca-ute! The picture doesn't do it justice, but then again there's not much natural light at MIDNIGHT.



The decorative decreases on the top are adorable, you'll have to take my word for it or go see the Sweater Babe, 'cause I don't have a little head to put it on at the moment. In fact all heads large and small are in bed here, and I'm going to join them...zzzzzzzzzzzzz....I'll post a better pic and the FO details in the morning...

4 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Aww, that is a cute one! And is that a picture of yarn I spy on your mousepad? ;)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Yup Mer, my secret Santa (not even a knitter) sent that to me last year. There's a matching notebook too. :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Saaaaad about the puter. Everything okay now?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh yeah, it wasn't *my* computer! One at work. Though I do think God is trying to tell me that I need to do more backups. ;)

PSA! Everyone! Back up your important files, or you'll be really, really sorry!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

Cursed
yarn rescue
FO #91
Dr. Frankenstein's Lucy-esque bag
so about that Malabrigo...
odds & ends
FO #90
FO #89
FO #88
So there's this eBay thing...