hey julie...

Monday, September 18, 2006

Wheel update

First and foremost, THANK YOU to everyone who has visited, told me I'm not crazy, linked to me, or donated to the wheel fund. I'm absolutely blown away! I've got a ways to go...and I have 650g of yarn to spin...but I don't yet have that "omg, what have I gotten myself into" feeling, which is good. I'm 41% of the way to my starter wheel...or 25% if I get the level-wind flyer. We'll see how much I can sell on eBay this week (yay for cleaning out the mystery bins) to help me along.

I've got freshly plied yarn to put in the mail to Amber tomorrow morning; there are gobs of roving for Robin either soaking, dyeing, or drying in various locations around my house; I'm stalking the mailman waiting for Cate's roving to come so I can start to dye it too....the list goes on.

I'll be spinning my heart out this week because once Friday comes it will screech to a halt for SOCK WARS! I'm dying over the timing here -- Thursday is my birthday, Friday is my daughter's (gulp) 6th birthday and the beginning of Sock Wars, Saturday we're having family over for both birthdays, Monday is the kid party. Hopefully the Int'l Socks of Doom will be simple enough for me to complete on Friday. A girl can hope, right? In my arsenal:



Now, to free up those US4 needles...

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Yay! Thanks for the wheel (and roving) update!

6:22 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

I hope you are able to get your wheel! I just dropped a little your way and I'm looking forward to some home spun yarn! Put mine at the bottom of the list though - I'm working through my stash, slowly but surley! I'm excited about this!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You'll have your wheel before you know it!

I can't wait to get my yarn. I know it'll be gorgeous!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie...what a fantastic idea! Check your email...just sent a donation. I can't wait to see what kind of yarn you make for me. Hope you get the wheel soon :)

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

dumb or clever?
from start to finish
soooooo
inca cotton
the trifecta of irritation
FO #98
FO #97
stream of consciousness
I don't like DPNs
FO 95 & 96