hey julie...

Friday, September 08, 2006

the trifecta of irritation

First, Blogger has been unbelievably wonky this week. I'm lucky if I can log in, let alone post. Surprising, as it's been very reliable for me for the past three years.

Second, Photobucket. They changed their upload format, and I get an error every time I try to upload a photo. I'll give it 24 hours...then, I'm outta there. (Can you say Flickr?)

Third, the original reason for this post.



Sigh.

I was on the cusp of knitting the last buttonhole row of the right front of the fab lace inset cardigan when I realized that I hadn't started the armhole shaping at row 43. (Damn those patterns that don't have charts/tell you to "reverse shaping" instead of giving you the instructions for the second side.)

I was going to tink the 15 rows. Really, I was. But in the end I just couln'd stand it...I threw caution to the wind and ripped, praying to God that I'd be able to get it all back on the needles with the lace pattern intact. And I did it!! (No guts, no glory...)

Lesson learned: don't knit anything that requires this level of concentration while listening to a podcast that features the resolution of a slasher-murder-mystery, and therefore contains a ridiculous amount of screaming.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

WTG!! WHat a comeback! I do the same thing, rip and hope it makes it back on the needles, far easier than row by row tink, yes?! Sorry about the faux pas, though!
I just tried photobucket and it workded fine, perhaps the bugs are out now!

12:01 PM  
Blogger earthchick said...

Dude. I soooo feel your pain. Had the same issue (except mine was left front), same reason (distracted), same result (totally ripping). Oof!

1:34 PM  
Blogger essjay said...

No fun! I'm so gald you were able to recover from the mini frog - you are brave! Photobucket seems to be working okay for me now too.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Tania A said...

I hates flickr. Mainly because I can't organize my photos properly. I use Fotki. Fokti. One of those. I can never type it.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FO #98
FO #97
stream of consciousness
I don't like DPNs
FO 95 & 96
we interrupt the fibery goodness...
more plying
Cabled Baby Hats
on & off the spindle
still knitting....occasionally