hey julie...

Friday, September 01, 2006

stream of consciousness

Hm. I wonder if you can navajo ply using a spindle.
*googles it*
Well, lookie here. Some blogger claims to have done it.
Looks cumbersome, but I can try it.
*plies*
Okay, this is really cumbersome.
*plies*
I can do it, but I don't think I ever want to do it again.
*plies and yelps a lot*
Why do people spin 50% more singles just for this? It kind of sucks.
*plies*
Okay, it *is* getting a bit easier.
But I'm still not doing it again until I have a wheel.
*If* I ever get a wheel, that is.

But...wow.
That's so me freakin' cool yarn.



With a quarter for scale:



(I'd totally do it again.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice :)

Were you Navajo plying with a regular drop spindle or with a Navajo spindle?
I like Navajo plying on my wheel, but it does use a ton of yarn!

~spinny knitty sp

9:38 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Very nice yarn. Very, very nice. I'm not yet coordinated enough to Navajo ply on my wheel, much less a spindle, so - good job!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

I have no idea how you accomplished this, google I did not do. Anyway, it's gorgeous and you must do more.
Girl, ya gotta get a wheel!

10:28 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

Beautiful job, Julie!!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

I don't like DPNs
FO 95 & 96
we interrupt the fibery goodness...
more plying
Cabled Baby Hats
on & off the spindle
still knitting....occasionally
merino, spun & plied
another *sigh*
I'm embarrased to share...