hey julie...

Friday, September 08, 2006

inca cotton



I just dyed a pound of inca cotton. Two days later, it's still drying. Does anyone know if I can tie it up well and throw it in the dryer?? This is getting ridiculous.

And speaking of tying it up...a word of advice...if you ever dye inca cotton, re-tie it yourself. Don't trust the ties that are already there. My skeins are an absolute mess, and I am fearful of trying to wind them.

The process was kind of skeeery (real dye, gloves, chemicals, the whole can of worms) but a good learning experience. Not as purplish as I'd hoped, but no way am I going to overdye it. I don't think I want to dye cotton again any time soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Mmmmmm - my favorite color periwinkle - in cotton no less!!!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just wonder about this myself. What about a blow dryer? I worry about the heat, and might only work at it for a couple of minutes at a time. Or fan? The intake on my airconditioner in the house is a great place to put wet shoes.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I use a baby gate propped up on chairs with a fan under to lay stuff on to dry- do you have air circulating under as well as over? That color looks great- I hope it's not tangled- what a headache that could be... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

9:35 PM  
Blogger essjay said...

I do love that color! I hope you can get it wound okay!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Um - how much yarn is that? It looks like enough to knit a car cover!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

the trifecta of irritation
FO #98
FO #97
stream of consciousness
I don't like DPNs
FO 95 & 96
we interrupt the fibery goodness...
more plying
Cabled Baby Hats
on & off the spindle