hey julie...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

more plying

I wasn't sure about the color match on this one....my Jacob/Mohair had quite a few colors (colored mohair carded in with the wool) and I decided to go with plum (Merino 64s from the Yarn Tree). In retrospect I should have ordered purple instead of plum, but it's decent when plied together. Finally, a pic that show the colors pretty accurately:



Close-up, colors a little off:



150 yards so far...I still have to spin a few more ounces of merino before I can ply the rest.

I was so geekily thrilled, I wanted to do a little dance when it came off the noddy all BALANCED and everything. It hung there like a real, respectable skein. Squee!!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn looks great. Don't you just love it when everything balances and you have a perfect skein at the end?

~knitty spinny sp

2:44 PM  
Blogger Carmell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there anything you can't do!! lol.. beautiful work!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

I think it's lovely!
I echo the same sentiment...is there anything you can't do?! WTG!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Wow! It looks wonderful. I love how the colors compliment each other. Really nice.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's some seriously nice yarn there! Of course, I'm partial to purples.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Okay - let's see what you made with it!!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger essjay said...

I am in LOVE with that yarn Julie! The color is stunning - great job! It looks perfect!

10:41 AM  
Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

wait a minute, you're trying to say that you made that after only ONE MONTH spinning?!? get out! i. am. impressed. seriously, that's some beautiful yarn you got there, girl. kudos!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowzers! It's gorgeous!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

Cabled Baby Hats
on & off the spindle
still knitting....occasionally
merino, spun & plied
another *sigh*
I'm embarrased to share...
oh dear.
I'm SO in
FO 94 & 95
IMHO