hey julie...

Saturday, July 01, 2006

close, but no cigar

I was at W&Co. a few weeks ago for a workshop, and I brought along my recycled sweater yarn. Of course I started a project with it, (I weighed it and everything to estimate the yardage before starting), and found that I would run out before I could knit the cuffs and collar. So I thought that maybe I could find a coordinating bulky yarn with which to knit them.

I was completely gobsmacked to find this yarn... (my hand-dyed yarn on the left, my find on the right)



My fear was, however, that it was so close, but not close enough, that next to the sweater it would look like a mistake.

I just swatched it, and I was right. My very honest husband confirmed it. It contains too much of a dark grayish blue that my yarn doesn't have in it.

Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Well, does it have to look exactly the same? That's just so close...I don't think you could find anything that matches that well!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Really, when swatched it's markedly different, more than the photo suggests...I think I just need to dye a solid to match at this point...not a big deal but I want to get this UFO out of my study!! ;)

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

I *am* still working on Trellis.
Basic Earflap Hat
hey, that's my brother!
wooooooo
oh LisaP....
we have a winner!
uh oh
Trellis, take two
I am SO....
shameless plug