hey julie...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New Media Mavericks

I sure have been adding to my bag of coffee tricks this month! Next up: the french press coffee maker that has been sitting in my cabinet, unopened, for several years. I don't know why -- I was elated to receive it -- but I've just never used it. Until now!



I reached the end of the Boot Up Blend I'd finely ground, and decided to coarsely grind some New Media Mavericks for the french press. The process of making it was simple (albeit a touch more time consuming than the moka pot) and yielded a great, very light cup of coffee. Whereas the others I've sampled so far were one-cup-at-a-time coffees (um, admittedly this might have something to do with the concoctions I've been making), this one struck me as the kind of coffee I'd make if I planned to down the whole pot while pulling an all-nighter. Good stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tania A said...

Wierd. I have one of those, but I use it to make tea with loose tea. Didn't know it was for coffee!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Mmm, all your coffee experiments sound great!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

recycling:
Boot-Up Blend
coffee adventures
more dyeing
supersock
We interrupt the talk of yarn...
FO #87
We've also been dyeing...
Why yes,
Coming right up...