hey julie...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Team Cable

So um, I'm declaring my intent for the Knitting Olympics. Team Cable it is. I've decided to knit the Cookie Sweater (in Malabrigo worsted) and the Out to Play Coat (in Nashua Creative Focus), both from Miss Bea's Rainy Day. (I showed my mom and of course, she said, "oh, those are easy." Spoken like a true aran knitter, which she is. Fisherman sweaters by the trunkful.)

While I don't think that these are going to be *hard* per se, they will be a challenge, because I hate knitting from charts, and kntting from charts is made even harder when you have two small kids crawling all over you. But I'm up to the challenge.

If I had the money to drop on the yarn, I'd absolutely be knitting Jennifer Appleby's Cable Cascade Pullover from the Fall '05 issue of IK. OMG, I'm in love with this sweater:



Sigh. Exquisite.

1 Comments:

Blogger vickthompson said...

That is such a pretty sweater!!! 16 days! You are so brave!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FO #68 & #69
FO #67
4 Things Meme
Citius, Altius, Fortius
Today's LYS trip
We made our first foray
FO #66
I'm behind
SP7
Ten things I learned last year.