hey julie...

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ten things I learned last year.

1. Obviously, I learned to knit. On January 2, 2005, I went to the store for yarn and needles. The rest is history.
2. Videos beat books, hand down.
3. Just because it's not immediately fun, doesn't mean you're not going to love it later. (Even if you really, really hate it in the beginning. Like it makes you want to poke your eyes out. And swear a lot.)
4. There's no substitute for having a community that shares your passion. You can function without one, but having one makes you grow in ways you never imagined.
5. You get what you pay for.
6. Sometimes you get a little more than you pay for.
7. People who knit socks by choice aren't necessarily smoking crack.
8. The frog is not my enemy.
9. Knitters are pretty awesome. Even if most of them do like cats.
10. I can do just about any freakin' thing I set my mind to. Yay me. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Yay Julie! Congrats on a successful year of knitting. I started around this time too. And because of you, I recently placed an order to handpaintedyarn.com. :P

10:08 PM  
Blogger Julie R. said...

Oh, yes, you are one of the coolest Julies I know. ;-) And isn't it amazing how learning to knit has taught most of us that we CAN do pretty much anything we set our minds to?

Yay us!!

Love,

The Other Julie

p.s. I'm headed off to add my blog to the Midwest Knitters Blog Ring.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FO #57
FO #56
really,
FO #55
FO #51 & #54
FO #53
FO #52
FO #50
FO #49
FO #48