hey julie...

Friday, December 08, 2006

the spinning, it never stops

I finished the second-to-last of my thank-you yarn this week. Woo:

sj3

This batch was actually supposed to be the last one, because Sara told me to leave hers for last. But the real last batch has been delayed due to two different, completely unrelated dyeing snafus. The first half of the fiber has been spun for several weeks...it's waiting patiently on the bobbin. When I went to dye the second half of the fiber (my second attempt), this is what I saw:

mer-bamboo

Hmmm.

Long story short, I purchased superwash merino, but it has a bonus fiber included. The fiber that remained undyed is (we think) bamboo. I'm spining it to see if it works into my color scheme, but if it doesn't seem appropriate, I'm spinning this last patient donor some silk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

So, I'm a total liar
in the home stretch
another one bites the dust
FOs 101, 102, 103
what's new
amazing article
note to self
I figured it was time
I've had my eye on these....
to answer your quesitons