hey julie...

Friday, May 12, 2006

Boot-Up Blend

The next coffee on my list to try -- Boot Up Blend, because honestly, while I like flavored coffee a lot, I found that I got tired of the same one day after day. I wanted to go with straight-up coffee this time around (or at least start out with straight-up coffee. ;) ).



I abandoned my crappy drip maker in favor of the most excellent moka pot I picked up at Ikea. This thing makes a great, quick cup of espresso, which I used to make a ghetto caramel macchiato, from online instructions: homemade vanilla syrup in the bottom of the mug, followed by warmed, sort of frothy milk. Then you pour the espresso through the milk, top with whipped cream and caramel syrup.

Wow, that was really, really good.

I admit that when the brewing was done, it smelled really strong to me and I wasn't sure if I'd like it. But maaaan, it's freaking perfect. Two thumbs up.

Off to make more vanilla syrup now.

2 Comments:

Blogger essjay said...

Your ghetto carmel macchiato sounds wonderful!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Julie R. said...

And how, my dear, are you making your vanilla syrup? Sounds yummy! But, Julie, that's not coffee, that's dessert!!! :D

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

coffee adventures
more dyeing
supersock
We interrupt the talk of yarn...
FO #87
We've also been dyeing...
Why yes,
Coming right up...
VK
FO #86