hey julie...

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

We interrupt the talk of yarn...

...to talk about coffee!

I have to say I was gobsmacked today when my Boca Java package arrived -- six big ole bags of beans (three pounds!!), a hat and a mug to boot! A good mug. An amazingly generous package. Really.



Of course I had to go for one of the flavored ones first...what's not to like about vanilla, kahlua and caramel? On to the Pajama Passion blend....



I got out my trusty grinder, which admittedly hasn't seen a lot of action the past few years. I feared I ground it too fine but it made it through my drip machine without a problem -- not muddy at all. Even my husband, who hasn't had a cup of coffee since we were dating, I think, said it smelled fabulous.

Flavored coffees always kind of psych me out -- I think they're going to taste like they smell, which of course, they don't, without the addition of sugar. Just to be sure I tasted it sans sweetener, and yup, it made me shudder. But a few squirts of my homemade vanilla syrup turned it around. YUM. Now that's a good cup of coffee. Usually I merely tolerate home-brewed coffee, while fantasizing about barista-brewed concoctions that cost quite a bit more than I ought to be spending on a beverage. But this, I dare say, is a home-brewed cup of coffee I'll actually look forward to.

Mmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FO #87
We've also been dyeing...
Why yes,
Coming right up...
VK
FO #86
FO #85
good mail day!
for the record
FO #84