hey julie...

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

supersock

Lu asked what I thought of the supersock...I actually like it a lot. It's a little finer than I'm used to -- they say it's "a little heavier than fingering weight" but I don't really buy it -- if I have to knit it on US1.5 needles (or whatever your gauge calls 2.5mm...they tend to disagree), it's fingering. Which taxes my eyes.

It's much, much softer than any of the superwash wools I've knit with so far. To me it feels more like a cotton-blend sock yarn than a 100% wool one. Not itchy at all.

I swatched it and yay, no pooling!



It's awfully ironic that I love to dye, as I really am not a big fan of variegated yarns. I much prefer the way they look before they're knit. Go figure....I'm already planning the next skein...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

We interrupt the talk of yarn...
FO #87
We've also been dyeing...
Why yes,
Coming right up...
VK
FO #86
FO #85
good mail day!
for the record