hey julie...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Brown Sheep Prairie Silks

This is one beautiful yarn., The photo doesn't do it justice.










Unfortunately, I can't figure out what to make with it. The skeins are pitifully small (88 yards!) so it would be quite costly to make anything....say, bigger than a mitten. So I started learning a new lace pattern, just to get a feel for it. Sadly, the pattern doesn't show up too well due to the heathering. Doesn't stop me from wanting to buy a whole mess of it, though. The colors are just stunning.

In other news...frogged the soaker. The yarn, while wonderful, was just wrong for the pattern. Now I'm trying to decide what to knit at our get-together on Saturday. I've got $60 earmarked for new yarn....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

How do I love Nicky Epstein?
I caved.
Ugh. and Yum.
FO #22
FO #21
FO #19 & 20
I did it.
FO #16, 17 & 18
leaf insertion practice
FO #15