hey julie...

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

How do I love Nicky Epstein?

Let me count the ways.

I really, really love how her books don't have charts in them, but rather, instructions written out row by row. I know, I know, I'll have to learn to read charts eventually. But for now? They totally confound me. I don't want to have to memorize fifteen little symbols and all that. Much too lazy.

The photo: a plait from KotE, a little learning distraction. LB Kool Wool on US10 1/2 needles.

And speaking of KotE, this is totally on my birthday list.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment Julie! I am liking the new template too...I am still working on it, but it should be totally finished pretty soon.

Do you have the NE 350 Appliques, borders, and more? It is a really fun book also AND I was able to get it at a great price at half.com.

When is your birthday? Hopefully plenty of time to put out hints :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I just took that book back to the library last week..it's fabulous. My birthday is in September so I have plenty of time to come up with a great list and leak it to all interested parties. ;)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

I caved.
Ugh. and Yum.
FO #22
FO #21
FO #19 & 20
I did it.
FO #16, 17 & 18
leaf insertion practice
FO #15
OMG