hey julie...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

needle wrangling

So, I gathered from her survey that my SP-ee could use something to hold needles, so I decided to sew a little something for her. Never mind that she's a very accomplished seamstress and I'm, well, NOT -- I pushed my perfectionism aside and decided to give it a whirl. I kind of had to -- she's planning on becoming a boat-dweller and I had some vintage nautical toile in my fabric stash begging to be used.

I have this fabulous but very utilitarian [ugly] circ holder:



So my goal was to make something like it, but not so ugly. I also knew that it didn't have to have as many slots because she doesn't prefer knitting with large needles so probably wouldn't need to have them on hand at any given moment. I ended up with this:



And on the back, there are pockets for DPNs:



As long as you don't look too close, it turned out all right. ;) I'm a little stuck on the top...there's a dowel in there so it can hang without bunching, but I'm not sure what the finishing touch is. Grommets? Buttonholes? Ribbon? Or perhaps I'll be lazy and leave it for her to decide...she's an accomplished seamstress after all.... ;) I really do have to get package #3 in the mail before I leave for vacation on Tuesday.

5 Comments:

Blogger earthchick said...

WOW!!! Julie, that is awesome! She should love it.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Hooch can knit said...

that is so cool- I need to make something to hold mine, rather than throw them around! I love it!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Sorry - I should comment on the organizer, but....

VACATION ON TUESDAY!!! =D

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really cool -- I'm sure she'll absolutely love it!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FO #80
I'm in love
Thanks SP!
FO #79
FO #71 Revisited
how not to wind a skein
top 2%
FO #78
what should have been FO #78
FO #77