hey julie...

Saturday, March 04, 2006

FO #77

Have I mentioned that I'm in love with Alpaca Silk? I was sad to finish this, because it was such a dream to knit with...someone stop me from buying a trunkful of Alpaca Silk DK....



The boring stuff:
Preemie ensemble, sweater: based on this pattern, hat: no pattern
Knit in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk (almost 3 skeins) on US8 needles
Pattern mods: I just used seed stitch instead of garter for the edgings...I like the look so much better. Seed stitch shows up so beautifully with this yarn.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What color is it? It looks off-white in the photo, but I wasn't sure.

I love the seed-stitch edgings!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks...it is off-white. And oh so cozy..... :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Hooch can knit said...

I love it- its so beautiful!!

10:37 AM  
Blogger earthchick said...

OMG, that is so precious. Well done!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Bluebird49 said...

Julie--it's beautiful! How long did it take?
Trudy

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

It's up!
must. stop. playing.
woo!
FO #76
KO, day 17 -- the short story
KO, day 17/FO #75
KO, day 16
KO, day 15 -- update
KO, day 15
KO, day 13