hey julie...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I'm in love

...with this colorway. Emerald Blue from Malabrigo/Handpainted Yarns. I'm knitting this incredibly boring thing (bag, loosely based on booga -- the bottom is LP worsted) but I'm absolutely enthralled because I love the yarn so much. It's breathtaking. And I'm not generally a fan of variegated colorways -- or I should say, I usually love them on the hank, not so much when they're knitted up.



I think it'll be gorgeous when it's felted...hopefully this afternoon. I'm about halfway through the i-cord bind-off, which BTW, totally rocks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous yarn -- can't wait to see how it looks when it's felted!

3:04 PM  
Blogger earthchick said...

WOW!!!! Yummy! That is going to be soooo gorgeous.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Hooch can knit said...

its so beautiful!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Beautiful colors! can't wait to see the finished product!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

Thanks SP!
FO #79
FO #71 Revisited
how not to wind a skein
top 2%
FO #78
what should have been FO #78
FO #77
It's up!
must. stop. playing.