hey julie...

Sunday, February 11, 2007

bad bad blogger

Anyone still out there?

Due to a rash of sickness I was unable to knit or spin for about two weeks. The horror! But I'm back at it! When I was finally feeling well enough to do something other than stare at the computer screen or lie on the couch, I started spinning my lovely alpaca...and what a delight it is. This fiber requires no predrafting at all -- it's so well prepared and spins up so quickly.

0204_alpaca1

The single (above) looks like it's plied but it's not. I decided to spin the natural colored fiber and ply it with that...good call.

0209_alpaca3

It's just lovely. It's heavy worsted, about 130 yards per 100g so far.

And the knitting...you would think that two months was enough time to knit a freaking pair of socks! Well, I mean, it is -- but I just kept getting sidetracked. I finally frogged the lace I had started and decided to go with Jaywalkers, so I could take them anywhere and work on them in my spare moments. Good call.

0205_jw1

They only took about 6 days from start to finish.

0208_jw2

FO #109: Jaywalker Socks, in merino/tencel from Yarn Ahoy. For my Sockentine Swap partner...they're in the mail!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I'm still out here! Glad you're feeling better. I check your blog at least once a day! Am I a good big sis or what?

7:03 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

You're the best! :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger KnittyLynn said...

Lovin' the socks and your spinning..wow it's great.
What are you planning on knitting with it?

8:03 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm still here (surprise, I know.) I have shown absolutely incredible restraint in not harassing you for blog updates. Thrilled to see you're back to work. Does this mean you can smell/taste/breathe again?

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here! The spinning looks great - I bet that yarn is soft too. Nice Jaywalkers too! Glad you're feeling better!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such pretty alpaca you spun, and I love the socks too :)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Abigale said...

The alpaca is gorgeous! Great job on the Jaywalkers too... I did one pair of them, and don't think I'll do another, Mine were out of Sockotta, and are really hard to get on and off.

Oh, and my last pair of socks? I cast on for them 2 years ago. Shameful. Totally shameful

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

Taking care of a weepy sick kid (pre-8 p.m.) and c...
FOs #107 & 108
proof
you guessed it, more spinning
technical difficulties
mmmmm, Cormo
my own private hell
Merry Christmas!
FOs #105 & #106
FO #104