hey julie...

Monday, January 22, 2007

Taking care of a weepy sick kid (pre-8 p.m.) and catching up on 24 (post-8 p.m.) aren't really conductive to knitting or spinning...but I do have a little bit to show...

0120_hpymerino

More merino from HPY. Very thick and thin -- this was the first time I was trying to spin a thicker single, not intending to ply it. I'm still not sure what I should do...ply it, or steam it? Here's what it looks like plied:

0120_hpymerino2

Also, aaaaaaahhhhhhh, my alpaca came in the mail on Saturday from the lovely Hooch:

alpaca1

Another decision....ply the colors with themselves, or ply the brown and white together? Hmm.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the thick and thin yarn in the top pic - it has a Colinette-Point-5-esque look to it. I wanted to mention that I actually wound some of the handspun you sent me on my swift over the weekend and I am trying to find just the right project for it!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Yay - she's back!!!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FOs #107 & 108
proof
you guessed it, more spinning
technical difficulties
mmmmm, Cormo
my own private hell
Merry Christmas!
FOs #105 & #106
FO #104
the spinning, it never stops