hey julie...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

yeah yeah yeah

Jenn asks: are you ever going to knit again and post about it? Seems she's bored. I reply: well, it's not like I wasn't away from home for eight freaking days, and returned to freelance clients breathing down my neck for various reasons. Noooo. Tons of free time over here. (But, well, yes, as a matter of fact I have been knitting a little.)

Tubey is almost done. In accordance with Murphy's Law of Finishing Tubey, since I didn't actually bind off, but instead put the stitches on waste yarn so the recipient could try it on, it's the right size and ready to be bound off. I assure you that if I'd bound it off that would not be the case. So, back on the needles, bind off and weave. Soon.



On the plane I started this hat, for Sue, who's going to post the pattern on her children's site. My gauge is off, though, so it might not end up kid-sized. I also wanted to use this hat to show Hooch how to finish on 2 circs...but she was um, kind of distracted by the time we got to that.



I'm knitting the warmest, thickest pair of red socks ever for my wee one. Couldn't locate any lighter weight red superwash, so Summit Hill it was. The mock cables are turning out really cute.



In other news, my MIL has joined the cult of the sock knitters. (She never thought she would -- hmm, where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, from every freaking sock knitter.) I think that she may even have more sock yarn than I do, and she just started a few weeks ago. She knit these adorable, but sadly too small socks for the wee one.



Okay, back to those clients.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

See! Now, was that *really* so difficult? (And as for my blog - potty training one while breastfeeding the other is giving me TONS of material, and ZERO time to post any of it. :rollseyes:)

Yeah - Hooch wasa bit distracted. I would've liked to see it, though. After watching the videos I think I'm more a DPN type of girl (plus, you know, I STILL DON'T HAVE MY FREAKING CIRCS.)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

More of a DPN kind of girl? And you're not embracing the lifestyle? (rofl) ;)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Hooch can knit said...

yeah I was distracted through the tears- what can I say?
Circs, dpns- we'll see what happens. I ordered sock yarn- YIKES!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Julie R. said...

Hi Julie!!

I finally took a minute to pop into your blog,and I see this adorable sock pattern your MIL used. Cute!! Do you know where she got it????

8:10 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Julie, it's from a book...I can't remember the name...but I'm going over there in a few minutes so I'll find out. I'm thinking of making some myself. ;)

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FO #82 & #83
home
SP7
what to knit?
FO #81
needle wrangling
FO #80
I'm in love
Thanks SP!
FO #79