hey julie...

Sunday, February 26, 2006

KO, day 17/FO #75

The long story....

So while I was shaping the neck for the left front of the coat, I noticed that I was two stitches short. Huh? How did that happen? Uh...



Seems I neglected to put two stitches back on the needle when I had to rip back eleventy-thousand stitches ago. Crap. I had to decide then and there -- do I want this to be perfect, or do I want to get my freaking gold medal? Tough call. If I wasn't under a time constraint I'd have totally frogged back to fix it. But I knew that if I did, there was no way I would finish. I'd be demoralized, and in turn it would sit in a bin for a few months before I could stand to look at it again. So I chose to forge ahead.

Post blocking:



As I was knitting the buttonhole band (I still had to knit the collar after that), I had a realization -- I looked up at my husband and said, "holy crap, there is no way, I am totally going to run out of yarn." I wasn't on the edge of tears (yet) but it was the most depressing feeling...but still I kept at it, thinking that if I came close enough I could felt together all of the dregs I was accumulating and maybe, just maybe, I could make it. We were praying for a knitting miracle. And lo and behold....



Multiplication of the yarn, I swear. That's what was left.



The boring stuff:
Out to Play Coat from Louisa Harding's Miss Bea's Rainy Day
Knit in Nashua Handknits Creative Focus (75% wool, 25% alpaca) color: Aubergine; on US6 and US8 needles.
Pattern modified to replace the cable pattern 'cause I didn't particularly care for the one called for. Also, I knit the sleeves in the round instead of flat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

YAY! Amazing what that yarn can do if left to it's own devices. Like bunnies that stuff.

Congrats on getting the gold. =)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Hooch can knit said...

You rocked it. I love it!!! My yarn- I don't know I have plenty left, but it won't sit still or something, or is that me?

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

KO, day 16
KO, day 15 -- update
KO, day 15
KO, day 13
it's stashalicious
KO, day 12
KO, day 11
KO, day 10 / FO #74
KO, day 9 (deja vu)
KO, day 9