hey julie...

Sunday, November 06, 2005

holy crap....

I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

I've gone back and forth on the sock thing quite a few times. I don't wave the tiny-yarn flag, nor the tiny-needles flag, so when I finally decided to give it a go, I chose Parade, which knits on size 3-5 needles. Still pretty freaking small if you ask me.

I started off planning to use the Children in Common pattern, because it has a short row heel instead of the whole flap/gusset, which to me looked do-able but not fun, and I'm kinda lazy, so short rows seemed more attractive. I got through the heel but didn't have the energy to figure out how to pick up the short row wraps from the right side, so it was looking pretty squirrely. Sooo...I frogged back to before the heel, and continued using Silver's awesome Sock Class. And what do you know.....it's looking pretty sock-like.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I've been knitting since 01/05, spinning since 07/06. Mmmmm, yarn.

Amber
Cheryl
Hooch
Julie
Li, eh?
Mer
Rebecca
Sara Jayne
Vicki
Wendie

KCR+ Exp+ SPM+ Steel+ Bam+ Addi++ Pl-- Den Wool++ Cot Lux+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin !Ent Int FI> Tex Lace Felt Flat Circ+ Dpn- ML+ Swatch+ KIP+ Blog+ SNB> EZ FO+ WIP3 Gauge W+ Alt Sp Sw

Powered by Blogger

Basic Earflap Hat
Cabled Baby Hats
Lace-Edged Women's Hat

FO #38
FO #37
on the needles
I love bitty things
FO #36
FO #35
FO #33 & 34...behold, Hell's Poncho
FO #32
FO #31
FO #30